I spent this past weekend in Milan to meet a friend. I didn't really get to spend much time with said friend, but nonetheless I enjoyed the city's cobblestone roads (only because I didn't bring a suitcase), restaurants (despite not being the biggest fan of Italian food), and culture (though I really only went to maybe two museums).

I arrived at noon, after transferring in Munich. From my small town in France, it takes some time to transfer anywhere. I took the Malpensa Express to the city centre (the airport is actually quite far away from the city). Arriving in the train station Garibaldi, I was quite disappointed by the cleanliness of the city, extrapolating the state of the station to the condition of the rest of the city. Fortunately, I am proven wrong as I exit the station and walk through the UniCredit Pavilion.

My first stop was the Brera area, as I read that there were some good restaurants next to each other, Nabucco and L'Osteria di Brera. While I wasn't able to eat at either that day, I found a nearby place, Convivium, that were fairly nice about letting me eat there. The food was good, too.

I dropped off my things and headed to the Duomo. Walking along the terrace, it wasn't too crowded despite the number of tourists in the city (the UEFA Champions League Final was that same day). I walked through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, and walked to the luxury shopping area by Via Montenapoleone. For dinner I had a slice of pizza.

The next day, I woke up fairly late. I had a rough week before, so my cumulative sleep the past few days was depressingly low. Still, hardly anything was open by the time I woke up. I walked to a cafe by the river for a small breakfast, before heading to the Poldi Pezzoli Museum.

For lunch, I could have chosen between Nabucco and L'Osteria di Brera, but I chose the latter given the recommendations I had read on some random person's blog. The service was quite poor, but my first course of some lobster pasta was good. I think they might have been racist, given how they treated the other customers, but maybe that's a result of my time at my extremely liberal college.

I ended up having to work that night, which I despised, but I couldn't really help it. There were deadlines to meet. I barely slept, but I took most of the next day off.